WPT Poker is the most popular Poker event in the world since 2001, when the first tournament took place. In 2002 many television broadcasters purchased rights for fans of WPT Poker to watch this exciting “battle” on the TV. The tour takes place in several stages. All winners play against each other in the Main Event of the year. Exactly there the best player of the world is identified.
Thanks to a great unity of two giants of Poker industry (World Poker Tour and PartyPoker), 2020 has become a year with some new tournaments, including online competitions with a chance to participate for anyone who will take the trouble. Besides, there are many famous professionals try strength against beginners, and this fact makes the tournament even more attractive. The “fight” can last up to 4-5 days, as the popularity call the shots, and the list of participants increases annually.
The main schedule of WPT Poker in 2020-2021
Unfortunately, COVID 19 effected the game, and some stages can become at a risk of wrecking. But, still, there’s a schedule of tournaments that was planned, and Poker players have nothing, but to hope that there will be an opportunity to fight cards against the best players in the world. So, below is a preliminary schedule of WPT rounds for 2020 and competitions till the May of 2021.
- WPT Gardens Poker Championship at the Gardens Casino (the USA) with buy-in at the rate of 10 000 USD takes place on the 9th of January 2020.
- WPT Lucky Hearts Poker Open welcomes the guests at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood (the USA) on the 17th of January 2020. Buy-in of this WPT Poker is 3 500 USD.
- WPT Russia at Casino Sochi is the only tournament in Russia. It starts on the 21st of January 2020 with buy-in – approximately 2 700 USD (if to make a conversion into dollars).
- WPT Borgata Winter Poker Open will take place at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa (the USA) on the 26th of January 2020, and buy-in is 3 500 USD.
- WPT Germany starts on the 18th of February 2020 at King’s Resort Rozvadov (Czech Republic) with buy-in at the rate of 3 300 USD.
- WPT Fallsview Poker Classic at Fallsview Casino Resort (Canada) is available on the 21st of February 2020 with buy-in – 5 000 USD.
- WPT L.A. Poker Classic at The Commerce Hotel & Casino (the USA) starts on the 29th of February 2020 with 10 000 USD of buy-in.
- WPT Rolling Thunder starts on the 07th of March 2020 at Thunder Valley Casino Resort (the USA) with buy-in – 5 000 USD.
- WPT Online Championship is available on PartyPoker on the 10th of May 2020 with buy-in – 3 200 USD.
- WPT World Championship Main Event by PartyPoker with 10 300 USD of buy-in starts on the 06th of September 2020.
- WPT Montreal Online will take place on PartyPoker online casino on the 10th of January 2021, where buy-in is 3 200 USD.
- WPT Russia>>provisional at Casino Sochi (Russia) takes place on the 19th of February 2021. Buy-in rate is to be determined later.
- WPT Online Series by PartyPoker>> starts on the 01st of May 2021. Buy-in will be specified closer to the start of the tournament.
As it can be seen, there are not many tournaments are scheduled for 2021, but, at least, it’s something for followers to keep on immersing into the amazing world of Poker.
World Poker Tour winners 2019 – a short presentation
The Main Event of WPT Poker in 2019 took place at Gardens Casino in California, the USA. The experts put quite small value on the final table with buy-in at the rate of 160,21 USD. Well-known Andrew Wisdom, for whom it was the 7th final table within last 7 years, took the fifth and won 96 545 USD. Another famous player Lior Orel, who was a leader for a long time, won the third position with 172 770 USD of the prize. Laszlo Molnar was a runner-up with 235 615 USD in the pocket. Lars Kamphues from Austria took the fourth place with 128 320 USD of gain. And the winner was Roger Teska with a win – 368 475 USD.